- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Setting up a Learning Environment.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Setting Up Learning Environments
Setting up a Learning Environment
Infants and toddlers learn through exploring and coming to know and understand their environment. The physical environment in a group setting strongly affects children, caregivers, and their interactions. In infant/toddler classrooms without a plan specifically directed at supporting children's development, young children waste a great deal of their time either aimlessly wandering about the room or engaged in teacher-directed activities. In inadequately planned classrooms, children's engagement in self-directed exploration and focused play is impaired. When children are not appropriately engaged, aggressive behavior rises. In such an environment, she or he needs to pretend to be a police officer and guardian, managing behavior instead of facilitating individual and group needs. Exploring their physical environment contains a great deal of the "curriculum" for mobile infants and toddlers. We must, think about the impact of the environment on children and caregivers, and learn to plan spaces that contribute appropriately to children's development. Many classrooms are not designed to meet the developmental needs of infants and toddlers in-group care, nor do they provide teachers, in their position, as facilitators of children's knowledge and self-directed play. By contrast, a well-designed environment
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Environmental Sciences (view all)
- Spain - A country full of different culture and life
- The Ozone Layer: The World's Greatest Sunblock
- Discuss the similarities and differences between human and p...
- A Closer Look at Global Warming
- The Mesozoic era.
- Is the international ban on the trade of ivory consistent wi...
- The recent water shortages in Spain have become a severe and...
- Discuss a range of geomorphological techniques we can use to...
- Identify and discuss the Concepts, Skills and Methods deploy...
- Citing a number of contemporary issues, evaluate pressures o...
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.