- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Spain - A country full of different culture and life
The first 200 words of this essay...
Culinary Arts 1-2
21 May 2002
When you cross the mountains that divide France from Spain you step into another world. Europe ends at the Pyrenees, and the land beyond the mountains has a character and personality that are strikingly different. The sun beats down mercilessly on a country that is beautiful. A country full of different culture and life.
The Civil War in the late 1930's brought General Franco to power as dictator. He ruled the country until he died in 1975. Spain became a democracy after the death. Until the mid 1900's, Spain was one of the most undeveloped countries in Europe. Spain mostly contained small, unsuccessful, farms because of the dry soil. During the 50's and 60's, Spain took on a rapid stage of economic development and is now an industrial nation. Today more people work in construction and manufacturing than on farms.
Spain is ranked as one of the leading fishing countries in Europe. Off the Northern Coast, anchovies, hake, octopus, squid, tuna, and many others are fished. Spaniards enjoy and specialize in seafood. This is because it is
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Environmental Sciences (view all)
- DEFINE THE TERM HOMEOSTASIS AND USING EXAPMLES FROM A NAMED ...
- Wendy's Case Study
- Explain the causes of hydrological hazards.
- Water Conservation Projects in agriculture in China
- Flooding in Bangladesh.
- Is the international ban on the trade of ivory consistent wi...
- The recent water shortages in Spain have become a severe and...
- Discuss a range of geomorphological techniques we can use to...
- Identify and discuss the Concepts, Skills and Methods deploy...
- Citing a number of contemporary issues, evaluate pressures o...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.