- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Torque Physics Lab Report. The purpose of this experiment was to help understand torque by not only measuring it but also by manipulating and adjusting the weights experimentally.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Physics and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Experiment 7: Torque
Physics 1100-ETR6B: Professor Viraht Sahni
Emily Callejo and Max Vlasyuk
The purpose of this experiment was to help understand torque by not only measuring it but also by manipulating and adjusting the weights experimentally.
In order to perform all the procedures a few instruments were required a meter stick, a triple beam balance, suspension clamps and their stirrups, a knife edge, as well as weights of 50 and 100 grams and a spring scale. The meter stick was weighed (without the clamp), and its center of gravity was found (it's not usually exactly at 50cm), the 6 clamps were weighed as well. For the first part the meter stick was put on 35cm and a 100g weight was adjusted until the center of balance was found, the position was recorded, this was than done with 150g and 50g. Once the values were recorded the weight of the bar was calculated and the average was found. For the next part of the experiment three weights were attached anywhere on the bar, the center one was adjusted till there was equilibrium and than the force was measured
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Physics (view all)
- Historia del Movimiento
- The aim of this experiment is to investigate the relationshi...
- Investigate the rate of cooling of a beaker of water.
- Experimenting With Compound Pendulums And Moment of Inertia.
- How does changing the force applied on the elastic band affe...
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student