- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Advocacy is defined as a key concept in social work practice.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Advocacy is defined as a key concept in social work practice. It is defined as exerting influence on behalf of organisations and groups within legal power and political structure.
" Advocacy involves either an individual or group, or
their representatives, pressing their case with
influential others, about situations which either
affect them directly or, and more usually, try to
prevent proposed changes, which will leave them
worse off" (Soloman 1985)
There are not many opportunities for technical advocacy at my placement. By technical I mean for example advocating on someone appealing on behalf of a social benefit. However there are some opportunities for personal advocacy. This is because the service users are from an Asian heritage background, which results in the majority of them having a definite language barrier because they do not understand or speak English very well. Service users find it difficult to voice their concerns and wishes; this makes them more vulnerable and marginalized from the rest of society.
A review and evaluation of Mrs R 's care plan was being undertaken by the social worker, however
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Social Work (view all)
- In this essay I will define client empowerment in planning c...
- TASK-CENTERED APPROACH. This essay takes a social work case ...
- Placement Case Study. I will examine my role in the identifi...
- Role of a Supervisor
- Values and Ethics an Ethical Dilemma
- Inter-professional Practice and Safeguarding Children
- Professional Childcare: Restorative and Reparative Parenting
- In this essay I will explore the ways in which individuals i...
- Research Plan. Can future planning be improved for older car...
- Social Work Values. Values and ethics have been of fundamen...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.