- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Captains of Industry
The first 200 words of this essay...
The United States of America's birth occurred rather recently. Yet, this juvenile nation currently ranks as one of the world's greatest industrial powerhouses. This success derived from the early integration of capitalism into the American culture. In young America, ideas, inventions, and techniques warred on the battle fields of laissez-faire capitalism, allowing the most adaptive and successful to survive. This same principle also applied to the citizens of the same time period. The Carnegies, the Rockefellers, the Vanderbilts, and the Goulds survived, nay, thrived due to their superiority. Their paths of prosperity paved over the hopes and futures of thousands, thrusting them into poverty. Nonetheless, because of the just and necessary actions of these cunning and ingenious Captains of Industry, the infantile America stepped out of its cradle, hurdled crawling, and came forward running.
The Captains of Industry, ruled, due to their superiority, and the weak were ravaged. As Charles Darwin eloquently stated:
Can it, then, be thought improbable, seeing that variations useful to man have undoubtedly occurred, that other variations useful in some way to each being in the great and complex battle of life, should sometimes occur in the course of thousands of generations? If
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Social Theory (view all)
- Outline some of the main differences between quantitative an...
- What are the main features of Marshall's theory of citizensh...
- Erving Goffman: Dramaturgy, Symbolic Interactionism, and pre...
- The Working Group on Inequalities in Health.
- Counselling theory. In this essay I shall analyse the philos...
- Theories on the Family
- In this essay, I will examine the subject of celebrity cultu...
- The Development of Sociology in the Age of Enlightenment.
- Compare and contrast two models of policy making you have st...
- The Ideology of Racism: My understanding
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.