- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Child Development Journal
- Essay length: 4047 words
- Submitted: 10/05/2009
The first 200 words of this essay...
In the classroom
Age of child and year group
8 years old, year 4
Child A was in his form group and the lesson was Home Economics. All the children in the class were planning to make a salad. They were shown a list of food items on the board and had to choose at least 1 from each of the 3 columns. The first column consisted of pasta and rice, the second of tuna, bacon and cheese, and the third of sweet corn, carrots, cucumber and lettuce. The children were then asked to write their choices in their books and then draw pictures of them. Child A started drawing pictures. A female teaching assistant asked child A what he was doing. He said "I'm drawing my salad". She told him he needed to write the names of the food first and then draw them. He did not respond. She then asked him what the drawings were. He said "A strawberry, a banana, some grapes and an apple". She told him he needed to choose some of the food that was listed on the board. He
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Human & Social Geography (view all)
- Consider the role of child care professionals in promoting t...
- Write a report that examines the relationship between econom...
- DD101 TMA1 - look at how material things contribute towards ...
- Class and Identity
- The causes, conditions, and solutions of Underdevelopment: A...
- To what extent is the west to blame for the failure of the g...
- I have chosen to discuss Wokings Italian community, as it di...
- Investigate the Factors that Determine the Well-Being of Afr...
- Kenya's Water Shortage. The objective of this project is to...
- Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation on internationa...
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.