- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Discuss the definition of and development of community and arising the definition of community development: Outline and discuss the contemporary issues affecting Community Development. Critique one community development project with which you are familiar
- Essay length: 7386 words
- Submitted: 16/03/2008
The first 200 words of this essay...
Community Development Module Assignment AD509
In groups of not less than 2 and not more than 4 please address the following assignment:
Community and how we interact with community is undergoing fundamental change. In this assignment you are required to address the following:
Discuss the definition of and development of community and arising the definition of community development
Outline and discuss the contemporary issues affecting Community Development
Critique one community development project with which you are familiar and draw conclusions relating to 1 & 2 above from an applied perspective.
Include a personal reflection on the task, process and learning.
In social sciences it is believed that one's philosophical underpinning determines or influences h/her views, foundational values, conceptual and theoretical framework that tend to inform professional practice in one's chosen discipline. Therefore, this essay will attempt to analyse Community and community development based upon the author's ontological and epistemological stand, which is predicated upon constructivism, interactionism, interpretive perspective and critical theory. The essay will also outline contemporaneous issues affecting community development and analyse them in light of current understanding and knowledge. This assignment is a group work comprising four members
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Applied Sociology (view all)
- HOW MIGHT YOU EXPLAIN THE EXISTENCE OF INEQUALITIES IN HEALT...
- Health and Illness can only be understood when taking into a...
- Compare and contrast the approach into studying children's f...
- Children are active in constructing their own learning. To ...
- Compare and contrast the use of interviewing in quantitative...
- Evaluate the claim that migration is positively valued in th...
- Reasons for Working. How does paid employment affect your i...
- A Summary for Anthony Giddens Essentials of Sociology
- APPLICABILITY OF PROBABILITY SAMPLING TECHNIQUE IN AFRICAN C...
- Utilitarianism. When it comes to welfare and wellbeing util...
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.