- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
examine literature on the oppression of elderly people
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Sociology and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Till only recently there has been a growing awareness about the marginalization of the elderly within Australian society. Moving away from traditional groups of oppressed people such as migrants or the poor, victimization of the elderly has often been invisible, due to various reasons including institutional, political, economical, and cultural inequality. The purpose of this text to explore numerous literature on the oppression of old people within Australian society. I have chosen to examine this issue by examining a broad range of perspectives including oppression in terms of criminal, cultural, institutional, political and economical perspectives in addition to examining literature within empowerment and human rights context. By reading on such a vast array of literature I have been forced to challenge the various perspectives enhancing my own understanding of the marginalization of the elderly.
The first book I have used in my research is titled "Abuse and maltreatment of the elderly". Published in 1983 by Jordan Kosberg, the author takes a broad approach in understanding relevant facets of the oppression of old people issue. The intent of the book is to 'recognise', 'understand' and outline 'solutions' as it provides "an overview of the causes and consequences of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Applied Sociology (view all)
- Consider when and how researchers might use qualitative and ...
- Since all sorts of gender inequality continues to exist toda...
- Critical Annotated Bibliography in Sociology
- Evaluate the claim that British identity is defined by shar...
- How are bodies socially constructed?
- Native American Mascots: Tribute or Mockery?
- Discus how the physical and emotional health of men is shape...
- Action Plan for research into the effects of playing violent...
- Critically explore some of the issues that should be conside...
- Why is it important to communicate science well? The initial...
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.