- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Housing in England and Examine the argument that neighbourly relations are routinely subject to processes of making and remaking.
The first 200 words of this essay...
What do the tables show about housing in England?
Table 1 provides information on housing stock by region and by type of dwelling across all the regions within England. It is immediately noticeable that with the exception of one area, the majority of people in England (83%) live in a house or a bungalow as oppose to a flat or maisonette (17%). Out of the 83%, 40% live in a semi-detached, 33% in a terraced and 27% in a detached house. London has the highest number of people living in a purpose-built flat (31%) compared to just 6% in the East Midlands and 8% in Yorkshire and the Humber. There is the same percentage of people living in a purpose-built flat in London (31%) as there are in terraced houses. The figures show that these are the two most popular forms of housing in London, compared to just 5% living in detached houses in this area. However, London has the second highest number of dwellings, 3,192 out of 21,989.
Table 2 provides information on the housing tenure of different ethnic groups within England. It is evident that the highest percentage of tenures
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Human & Social Geography (view all)
- Qu caracterstica es ms importante en un historiador: la capa...
- Draft Research Proposal and Literature Review. An investiga...
- What are the strengths of NGO interventions relative to gove...
- Has neoliberalism impacted men and women differently?
- Who Benefits From Neo-Liberal Globalization?
- To what extent is the west to blame for the failure of the g...
- I have chosen to discuss Wokings Italian community, as it di...
- Investigate the Factors that Determine the Well-Being of Afr...
- Kenya's Water Shortage. The objective of this project is to...
- Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation on internationa...
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.