- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
How has France Europeanised?
The first 200 words of this essay...
To fully tackle this essay the term 'Europeanised' must be defined. Following this, the general French political system must be explained in a European context. These elements will (then) create a framework where some of the main domestic policies and policy-making decisions (that have been made in) France during the last two decades can be analysed.
Europeanization is defined as 'a set of processes through which the European Union political, social and economic dynamics become part of the policies'.1 The quantity of domestic Europeanization of policies can be viewed through the level of European integration of public authorities. This short essay will use the rise of the Secretariat General pour du Comite Iterministerial pour les Questions de Cooperation Economique europeeme (SGCI), to demonstrate how European thinking has imposed itself on domestic politics. I will analyse the fragmentation of French politics, with regard to both its acceptance and inherent scepticism, at a ministerial level. These reflections will develop into a scrutiny of the main policy-making. The Economist confirms this perception: 'The recent paradox of France is that France made Europe, but then Europe remade France'. It is not merely the British who are ostracised from European conventions, but the French
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Political Systems (view all)
- Has Neofunctionalism Been Superseded By A New 'Liberal Inter...
- Democracy is now almost universally accepted as a better for...
- Regionalism in China and India. In India regionalism is acc...
- An analysis of Edmund Burke's and Alexis de Tocqueville's vi...
- Are pressure groups good for Democracy?
- The Relationship Between Congressional Elections and Represe...
- Is the US Supreme Court the most powerful branch in the Gove...
- Has the effort of the Chinese central party-state to reasser...
- Is liberal democracy the best system?
- Influence of Super PACs on Romney Campaign
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'