- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
In the Australian Criminal Justice System Women are Treated Differently than Men
The first 200 words of this essay...
Women throughout history have been viewed in a different sphere to men, and because of this throughout history; they have been treated differently to men in many diverse aspects of society. In the study of criminology, this can be seen with the way the female offender was viewed by society and in the ways, treatment for female offenders was administered. This issue will be explored in more detail to help understand the social constructs formed in female criminality that shape the female corrections today. Examples studied from historical and modern times will be looked at to see if women in prison are punished differently to men or if they are punished as men. Aspects of prison life will be discussed which will include the work and educational programs on offer in male and female penal institutions and differences that may occur and rules regulations and the handing out of discipline by custodial staff and wether or not it is harsher in a female institution. Differences in the general architecture and design of the male and female prisons themselves will also be looked at and sought to see if there are any major architectural differences.
A major factor
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Criminology (view all)
- Criminological Theory: Explaining Crime. This essay will lo...
- Compare positivist approaches to crime with at least two oth...
- Feminism and Criminology
- Research proposal
- Biological Perspectives of crime
- Critically assess the strengths and weaknesses of the multi ...
- Critically examine the suggestion that punishment today is a...
- Imprisonment should only be used as a last resort due to its...
- HOW DOES THE CONCEPT OF SOCIAL HARM AND UNDERSTANDING RELATI...
- Why has the United Kingdom adopted CCTV technology with such...
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.