- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
In this critical review I will be looking at the topic of Europeanisation and in particular its impact on the executive branch of national governments. The two articles in which I will be reviewing are
The first 200 words of this essay...
1.1 In this critical review I will be looking at the topic of Europeanisation and in particular its impact on the executive branch of national governments. The two articles in which I will be reviewing are:
1) Adapting to Brussels: Europeanization of the core executive and the 'strategic-projection' model; Scott James- Journal of European Public Policy 17:6 September 2010 818-835 (herein referred to as James)
2) The Lisbon Strategy's empowerment of core executives: centralising and politicizing EU national co-ordination: Susana Borras and B. Guy Peters; Journal of European Public Policy 18:4 June 2011: 525-545 (herein referred to as Borras)
In James the authors aim to put forward a model which attempts to explain the adaption of executive national governments to Europeanisation. The author looks at this using a 'bottom-up' analysis and focuses its study on the UK government under Blair and the Ahern government in Ireland. James proposes that Europeanisation is operating through three distinctive models- strategic adaption, supranational learning and administrative optimisation.
In Borras the authors study the effects of the Lisbon Strategy on the way in which national executives co-ordinated their policies. They investigate, in particular, whether centralisation
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Political Theories (view all)
- What is politics? Whilst scholars such as Weber and Schwarzm...
- Steven Lukes(TM) three dimensional(TM) model of power overlo...
- The Use of Magical Realism in Like Water For Chocolate
- Offer an analysis of chapter 13 of Hobbess Leviathan.,. Your...
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of a positivist/empiri...
- The most prominent theories of individual wellbeing, which a...
- In what ways do 'Jeffersonian' and 'Hamiltonian' concepts of...
- A critical analysis of Wollstonecraft's reaction to Rousseau
- Machiavellis The Prince is merely an exercise in cynicism. D...
- Power. A gets B to do something that he or she would not ot...
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.