- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Internal and External factors of Motivation
The first 200 words of this essay...
IPSY -SS 10
Pippa McFall-167 021
Word count: 1810
The purpose of this essay is to critically evaluate the role of internal and external factors in relation to motivation. Within this essay several explanations of the definition of motivation will be provided. A description of the biological basis of motivation and it influences will be put forward. Also a portrayal of the sociocultural and psychological influences of motivational will be given. A link will be provided showing the relationship between optimal arousal, drives and motivation. The factors that contribute to help motivate, and affect behaviour will be provided. Differing approaches to motivation and factors that influence it, will be demonstrated. Primarily this essay will critically analyse intrinsic and external factors relating to motivation and will offer clarification of these terms. There will also be a discussion about the prosed negative effects of extrinsic motivators on intrinsic motivation. Towards the end some practical examples of proper use of intrinsic and extrinsic motivation will be provided. Several theories and examples will be provided and relevant references will be included to back up, support and strengthen all arguments presented.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Applied Sociology (view all)
- Consider when and how researchers might use qualitative and ...
- Since all sorts of gender inequality continues to exist toda...
- Evaluate the claim that British identity is defined by shar...
- Socialisation.In this essay I will be discussing the process...
- How are marked and unmarked identities socially produced
- Native American Mascots: Tribute or Mockery?
- Discus how the physical and emotional health of men is shape...
- Action Plan for research into the effects of playing violent...
- Critically explore some of the issues that should be conside...
- Why is it important to communicate science well? The initial...
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.