- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Multicultural psychology is a discipline that is closely related to cross-cultural psychology and in fact is difficult to make that distinction ( Weiner, Freedheim, Schinka, &Gallagher, 2003). Multicultural psychology focuses on individuals with ethnic
The first 200 words of this essay...
University of Phoenix
May 3, 2010
Multicultural psychology is something that is relevant in this day and age. Today, with a vast number of people of different minority attachments living together, the idea of multicultural psychology is a good thing. Multicultural psychology is a discipline that is closely related to cross-cultural psychology and in fact is difficult to make that distinction ( Weiner, Freedheim, Schinka, &Gallagher, 2003). Multicultural psychology focuses on individuals with ethnic or minority backgrounds and is important in the field of psychology today.
What is multicultural psychology exactly? The psychology department of Wheaton College defines it as follows: "Multicultural psychology is the systematic study of all aspects of human behavior as it occurs in settings where people of different cultural backgrounds encounter each other" ("Multicultural Psychology," 2008). In the United States, there is attention to different racial groups, inter-marriage, minority adoptions and so forth. In Canada, there is attention to French and English differences as well as to the Natives who live there (Adair, Paivio & Ritchie, 1996). In most European nations there is turmoil among local populations and immigrants who have been
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Social Work (view all)
- Analyse the assessment process from your practice setting, w...
- In this essay I will define client empowerment in planning c...
- This assignment will focus on the characteristics of the soc...
- Reflective Practice study
- The literature I will be critically reviewing is an article ...
- The Impact of Single Parenting Affecting Child Outcome
- Medical and Social Models of Specific Learning Disabilities ...
- Inter-professional Practice and Safeguarding Children
- Professional Childcare: Restorative and Reparative Parenting
- In this essay I will explore the ways in which individuals i...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.