- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Psychology activity questions & answers on Methodology
The first 200 words of this essay...
ARSHAD AKBER IB1 7th/09/2007
PSYCHOLOGY ACTIVITY QUESTION
1) For each of the following characteristics, indicate how the scientific approaches differs from non-scientific ( everyday ) approaches to knowledge , general approach, observation, reporting, concepts, instruments, measurement, hypothesis and attitudes.
Characteristics of scientific and non-scientific ( everyday) approaches to knowledge
* General approach
Ambiguous, with surplus meanings
Clear definitions, operational specificity
Accurate and precise
Not valid or reliable
Valid and reliable
2) What is the major advantage of using operational definitions in psychology? What disadvantages are there in using operational definitions?
Operational definition is a term whose meaning is defined by the processes or observable events used to measure it. In other words it is showing of variables or terms or objects in terms of the specific process or set of validation
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Social Theory (view all)
- What is sociology?
- Personal Statement
- Educational success is closely related to social class origi...
- To what extent has housing policy contributed to social excl...
- Do Chimpanzees have a Theory of Mind
- Theories on the Family
- In this essay, I will examine the subject of celebrity cultu...
- The Development of Sociology in the Age of Enlightenment.
- Compare and contrast two models of policy making you have st...
- The Ideology of Racism: My understanding
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student