- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Reflect on the work of the study group presentation and your contribution to it
- Essay length: 3532 words
- Submitted: 20/06/2006
The first 200 words of this essay...
Describe and discuss interprofessional issues in the case scenario, including the issue of collaboration with users and carers.
To answer this question fully, firstly there will be clear definitions of interprofessional practice and then a clear and coherent argument through-out the rest of this essay.
"Interprofessional is collaboration between professionals, who may not share a common professional education, values, socialization, identity and experience" (Interprofessional Collaboration 2005: 6).
"....occasions when two or more professionals learn together with the object of cultivating collaborative practice" (CAIPE 1997).
Professionals collaborating and working interprofessionally benefits not only the professionals, but also users and carers.
It can allow and help agencies to:
* Have a shared professional competence and experience.
* Deliver co-ordinated packages of services to individuals.
* Tackle complex problems that cross traditional agency boundaries.
* A better and increased use of resources.
* Align services provided by all partners with needs of service users.
* Stimulate more creative approaches to problems.
(Taylor 2005: 4)
The professionals within this case scenario attempted to work collaboratively and gain these advantages. However, there were a number of contributory factors (barriers) which
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Social Work (view all)
- Reflective Practice study
- In this essay I will define client empowerment in planning c...
- Social Work Values. Values and ethics have been of fundamen...
- Individual Development and Change
- Examine an area of oppression and discuss how this manifests...
- The Impact of Single Parenting Affecting Child Outcome
- Medical and Social Models of Specific Learning Disabilities ...
- Inter-professional Practice and Safeguarding Children
- Professional Childcare: Restorative and Reparative Parenting
- In this essay I will explore the ways in which individuals i...
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.