- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Science offers us certainty and objectivity - Discuss.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Science offers us certainty and objectivity. Discuss.
The 20th century offered a phenomenal growth in science. Eventually it will answer all human questions, will make it possible to heal all diseases and allow the human race to create a better place to live in. However, the question is, should science reassure us? Are scientists to be trusted? Is the scientific method trust worthy? In order to answer these questions we have to look at the basics of philosophical science. In the 19th century science was referred to as any branch of theoretical knowledge of learning. Nowadays it is more specifically referred to those branches of knowledge, which have to do with the material universe.
Considering that science and religion are quite similar, science might probably reach the status of religion. Looking back in history, religion was the first thing, which gave human beings a thing to believe in, was religion. In difficult times (Wars, harvests...etc.) they could relay upon religion. Nowadays science takes in the place of religion by offering us more possibilities to create a safer world, in the respect of diseases and predictions. Many sociologists said, given enough time, science would literally replace religion. Emile
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Social Theory (view all)
- Erving Goffman: Dramaturgy, Symbolic Interactionism, and pre...
- Outline some of the main differences between quantitative an...
- What are the main features of Marshall's theory of citizensh...
- The Working Group on Inequalities in Health.
- Weber, capitalism, religion and social control
- Theories on the Family
- In this essay, I will examine the subject of celebrity cultu...
- The Development of Sociology in the Age of Enlightenment.
- Compare and contrast two models of policy making you have st...
- The Ideology of Racism: My understanding
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.