- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Social policy, legislative, and organisational context of social work
The first 200 words of this essay...
"Discuss how an understanding of the social work context enables the fulfilment of the social work purpose."
Within this essay, the social policies, legislation and organisational context of social work in adult services will be discussed, critically analysed and evaluated. Adult service covers a vast array of services, including probation, substance misuse, adult protection and disabilities, this essay will concentrate on Adult Mental Health. The name 'social policy' is used to apply to the policies which governments use for welfare and social protection and the ways in which welfare is developed in a society. Social work practice is not only about individual needs, it also considers social context. This social context includes the range of inter-professional agencies contributing to packages of care and protection, as well as the relationships between service users and their families, friends and communities. Social work is also predisposed by the social and political climate in which it exists. The roles of social workers and the needs of service users are both influenced and defined by the beliefs, values, policies and laws of society. (http://openlearn.open.ac.uk4)
Social policy in the United Kingdom can be traced back to 1572 where An Elizabethan Act made provision
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Social Work (view all)
- Analyse the assessment process from your practice setting, w...
- Reflective Practice study
- This assignment will focus on the characteristics of the soc...
- In this essay I will define client empowerment in planning c...
- The literature I will be critically reviewing is an article ...
- The Impact of Single Parenting Affecting Child Outcome
- Medical and Social Models of Specific Learning Disabilities ...
- Inter-professional Practice and Safeguarding Children
- Professional Childcare: Restorative and Reparative Parenting
- In this essay I will explore the ways in which individuals i...
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.