- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The murder of Sarah Payne was a major/high profile murder case in Kingston gorse, west Sussex.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The murder of Sarah Payne
The murder of Sarah Payne was a major/high profile murder case in Kingston gorse, west Sussex. The victim was last seen on 1st July 2000. She was murdered by a car mechanic Roy William Whiting. There was forensic evidence left at various scenes/ places (van, shoe, sweatshirt, clown curtain, hair and other fibers') that was found within two months of Sarah Payne being reported gone. Eventually the case was solved and Roy William Whiting was convicted to abduction/murder and was given life imprisonment.
Sarah Payne, born on the 13th October 1992 was only eight when she was violently assaulted and murdered. Her family described her disappearance at "just pure horror"(murder uk). This shows that Sarah Payne was loved very much by her family and the memories of her will never be forgotten.
Sarah Payne disappeared on the 1st July from a cornfield near the home of her grandparents in Kingston Close, west Sussex, England. Sarah had been playing with her brothers and sister only a few minutes away from her grandparent's home. A nationwide search was underway within 48 hours and by then
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Criminology (view all)
- Criminological Theory: Explaining Crime. This essay will lo...
- Research proposal
- Compare positivist approaches to crime with at least two oth...
- Biological Perspectives of crime
- Feminism and Criminology
- Critically assess the strengths and weaknesses of the multi ...
- Critically examine the suggestion that punishment today is a...
- Imprisonment should only be used as a last resort due to its...
- HOW DOES THE CONCEPT OF SOCIAL HARM AND UNDERSTANDING RELATI...
- Why has the United Kingdom adopted CCTV technology with such...
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo