- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The Social security system in Hong Kong. In the essay, we would concentrate on discussing the strength and weakness of Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) Scheme and Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF).
- Essay length: 3104 words
- Submitted: 11/05/2012
The first 200 words of this essay...
What is social security?
Social security is one type of welfare provided by the Hong Kong government for helping the citizens when they face difficulty in their daily lives. In Hong Kong, there are different services in the social security system for citizens against certain risk in and contingences of life such as unemployment, retirement, accident, poverty and disability. The aim of social security in Hong Kong is providing financial or material assistance to meet the basic and special needs of the members of the community.
Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) Scheme, Social Security Allowance Scheme, Criminal and Law Enforcement Injuries Compensation Scheme, Traffic Accident Victims Assistance Scheme and Emergency Relief are administrated by the Social Welfare Department in the social security system. These schemes actually give a helping hand to their specific targets by providing income protection, distributing resources over one's lifetime and societal pooling of risks and recourses.
In the essay, we would concentrate on discussing the strength and weakness of Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) Scheme and Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF).
Why do we need Social Security System in Hong Kong?
1. After 1997,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Political & Economic Sociology (view all)
- Social policy. Making use of welfare ideologies critically e...
- Outline and asses the main sociological perspectives on the ...
- Explain the Difference between Marxist-based and Pluralist m...
- Bruce Dawe's poetry - 'Life-cycle' And 'Enter without so muc...
- Discuss the differences between the concepts of poverty (rel...
- What criticisms are made of globalisation? Think about the ...
- Outline who are the winners and losers in a consumer society...
- The Relationship Between Economic growth and the Environment
- How and why are the Swedish and American welfare states so d...
- Provision of Microcredit in India. Who is the champion for ...
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.