- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
This paper will look at gender, class and ethnicity and show how these concepts relate to whether you are employed and given the chance to succeed within the work industry.
Not what you were searching for?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Gender, class and ethnicity may be significant factors that affect the decision elements in determining how individuals are treated and regulated in the workplace.
Gender and class is a major determine in how individuals are employed and treated in the work place.
Work is the carrying out of tasks, which enable people to make a living within the environment in which they find themselves. But in fact, it is very difficult to understand the nature of work and puts us in a poor position for better understanding the changing contemporary work. According to Tony J. Watson, "Work is basic to the ways in which human beings deal with the problems arising from the scarcity of resources available in the environment. The scarcity of resources in the world influences the patterns of conflict and competition, which arise between social groups. It follows from this that the social organization of work will reflect the basic power relationship of any particular society. But patterns of social relationships do not relate to power structure alone. They are also closely connected to patterns of meaning." (Watson 1995.113) Therefore, the ways in which people think and feel about work will closely
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Social Theory (view all)
- Motivational Theories.
- Critically analyse, with subcultural examples, the Birmingha...
- Fritz Heider (1958) is widely recognized as being the founde...
- Describe and evaluate psychological research into the dissol...
- In What Ways Can The British Police Be Said To 'Police By Co...
- In this essay, I will examine the subject of celebrity cultu...
- The Development of Sociology in the Age of Enlightenment.
- Compare and contrast two models of policy making you have st...
- The Ideology of Racism: My understanding
- Social Psychology Lab Report. The Main Themes for Universit...
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.