- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
To what extent can the globalised economy explain key developments in the motor industry?
- Essay length: 10073 words
- Submitted: 07/05/2009
The first 200 words of this essay...
To what extent can the globalised economy explain key developments in the motor industry? The case of China
The influence of globalization on the international automotive industry has been so colossus that firms are constantly adapting and responding to the changes and requirements, in order for them to compete in the global economy. Globalization is truly leading the revolution of evolution and has had a profound effect on the world, as view it. The concept of globalization has become the centre of much political debate and controversy in the modern era. Many of the controversies that have developed include variance over the literal definition of the term, globalization. From academics, politicians and scholars, individuals using this term often have contrasting explanation of what it means. However, one thing for certain is that there doesn't appear to be a consensus, surrounding this phenomenon.
Scholte stresses the importance of cultivating an agreeable definition for globalization in a modern context in order to 'advance both knowledge and policy in contemporary society' (Shaw, 2001: 6). Scholte has argued that at least five different explanations that are used commonly. These definitions are closely related, but the concepts mentioned
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Political Theories (view all)
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of a positivist/empiri...
- To what extent is Marxism still relevant today for the theor...
- Realism remains the dominant paradigm in International Relat...
- To what extent did the aims and ideas of German nationalism ...
- Feminism in 20th cent
- The most prominent theories of individual wellbeing, which a...
- In what ways do 'Jeffersonian' and 'Hamiltonian' concepts of...
- A critical analysis of Wollstonecraft's reaction to Rousseau
- Machiavellis The Prince is merely an exercise in cynicism. D...
- Power. A gets B to do something that he or she would not ot...
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.