- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
' War does not cause change in the international order, it merely accelerates it' Discuss.
- Essay length: 2782 words
- Submitted: 19/06/2006
The first 200 words of this essay...
' War does not cause change in the international order, it merely accelerates it.' Discuss.
The signature of the peace of Westphalia, some three hundred and fifty years ago,
has had a significant impact on the international order and in the way different States,
actors and thinkers, viewed an international system1. Since then the world has been
through various processes of metamorphosis. Diplomacy, mediation or inter-state
negotiation are rather new ways of dealing with international issues, WAR has been
for a long period the most "popular way" of conflict resolution. Violence has been
dictating its will in order to achieve peace, a dilemma that mankind has found difficult
In this study, we will focus our attention on the role that War has played in the
shaping and moulding of the international order. Does war cause or accelerates
change in the international order? To answer this question, we will be looking at
different period of History in which significant conflicts happened. We will observe
that the 20th century has been the most interesting era in
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
International Politics (view all)
- Public Diplomacy
- What is the Significance of the Disagreement between Neo-Rea...
- Compare and contrast the ways in which realist and liberal m...
- How does the United Nations try to maintain International Or...
- Which institutions have played a key role in developing inte...
- Syria's Development Towards Democracy
- To what degree does the level of industrialisation experienc...
- The Effect of Nationalist Ideology on Violence in Yugoslavia...
- What are the main causes of Voter Apathy in the USA?
- Discuss the role of international organizations in internati...
- 'All political parties are prey to the iron law of oligarchy...
- Why is the Common Agricultural Policy so difficult to reform...
- 'A gets B to do something that he or she would not otherwise...
- Why is the single currency so important? Discuss with relati...
- What evidence is there that the state is still the dominant ...
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.