- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
What Democracy Means To Me
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Politics and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
"What Democracy Means To Me"
Democracy means government by the people. The Greeks were the first to use it and it is one of the most affective government systems today. My impression is that the Greeks were happy with this system and it worked. It then spread around the world like pancake mix to a hot pan. A lot of different cultures now have this government system. It makes people able to have a say in what was going on with their government and be part of the decision-making.
The first reasons of what democracy means to me is the right to vote and the involvement you can have with democracy. To me, just being able to vote is really important. This is something I think all governments should have in place. But unfortunately some do not. Why would you want to live somewhere in which someone chooses everything for you? Your leaders, your laws, and your rights are chosen for you. Most would say no to this question. This is why democracy is so affective and important to me. To me, being able to vote and help make decisions for the progression of our government
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Political Systems (view all)
- Has Neofunctionalism Been Superseded By A New 'Liberal Inter...
- Communalism in Malaysia
- To what extent is liberalism compatible with democracy?
- Is Pluralism Faithful to the Idea of Democracy?
- What are the differences between Direct and Representative d...
- The Relationship Between Congressional Elections and Represe...
- Is the US Supreme Court the most powerful branch in the Gove...
- Has the effort of the Chinese central party-state to reasser...
- Is liberal democracy the best system?
- Influence of Super PACs on Romney Campaign
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.