- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Winston Churchill: A British Statesman.
The first 200 words of this essay...
A British Statesman
30 July 2004
Winston Churchill: A British Statesman
Political scientists have always been extremely fascinated with the inner workings and sources of political drive within world leaders. Dr. James Barber departed from the psychoanalytic approach and devised a framework of his own. Barber uses a different approach to classify a leader; he begins with the person in office and works backward. Barber places utmost importance on the leader's personal effort and his/her attitude towards that effort. The relationship between the two aspects is what Barber relies on to make his classification. According to Barber, there are four types of leaders active-positive, active-negative, passive-positive, and passive-negative.
The four different classifications in Barber's framework are based on the personality and attitude of the leader. The active-positive group is well balanced and achievement oriented. They are extremely active in the everyday functions of the office and have an optimistic world view. The second group, active-negative leaders, is similar to the active-positive leaders in that they are active and goal oriented but they have a second agenda. They are
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
UK Government & Parliamentary Studies (view all)
- How presidential is the premiership of Tony Blair.
- The Deliberative Agency: Opportunities to Deepen Public Part...
- This essay will talk about child poverty and examine how the...
- The July days nearly saw the Bolsheviks in ruins. By October...
- How far have the reforms of the Blair Governments addressed ...
- The Beveridge report and the formation of the Welfare State.
- Does the Media have too much political power in Britain?
- Does Northern Ireland need some kind of truth recovery proce...
- British European Security Essay. COMPARE AND CONTRAST THE D...
- What factors determine the influence of promotional interest...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.