- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Broncho Pulmonary Dysplasia. The following discussion will analyse issues related to babies who develop broncho pulmonary dysplasia (BPD). This will include a definition and identify risk factors, treatment and the eventual outcome of babies admitted to
The first 200 words of this essay...
A Reflective Essay On The Concepts Of Care of The Newborn
DISCHARGE PLANNING OF A CASE OF BRONCHO-PULMONARY DYSPLASIA.
Registration NO: 100252125
Module NO : SNM3116
Unit Leader : Angela Thurlby
Word Count : 2066
The following discussion will analyse issues related to babies who develop broncho pulmonary dysplasia (BPD). This will include a definition and identify risk factors, treatment and the eventual outcome of babies admitted to the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). An overview of the difficult stages that a baby with BPD goes through before being ready for discharge will be discussed to show that these babies and their families need special attention when it comes to planning their discharge.
Northway et al first described BPD in 1967 as lung injury, in preterm infants resulting from the need for oxygen and mechanical ventilation. Even though it was the first definition, the most commonly used is that of Bancalari et al( 1979) who explained that BPD usually occurred following 28 days of oxygen therapy with evidence radiographic changes. Brodwich and Mellins (1985) found that the combination of oxidant injury and mechanical ventilation resulted in inflammation, fibrosis and smooth muscle hypertrophy
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Nursing (view all)
- Law and Ethics in Nursing. The aim of this assignment is to...
- In this essay, I will be reflecting on my clinical practice ...
- A case study of a 68 year old patient admitted to undego a b...
- This essay will discuss the legal, ethical and professional ...
- Reflective Essay
- Osteoporosis, which means porous bone, is a disease in which...
- The objective of this assignment is to critically evaluate t...
- Reflection essay on vital signs using Driscoll's model
- This assignment will examine the management of one acute pro...
- A Critical Appraisal of a Published Piece of Research Relat...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.