- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Care value base
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Care Value Base
The care value base is beliefs about the right way to treat patients/clients. The care value base can form part of a code of conduct. Care work aims to improve a clients quality of life by meeting their needs (pies). The care values are based on a set of shared values which the whole of our society agrees on.
Such values are made legal by the human right act, which became the law in the UK on October 2nd 2000.It is from the human rights act that the care value base originates.
Promoting anti-discrimination practice;
* freedom from discrimination
* the right to be different
* Aware of assumptions, made surrounding, gender, race, age, sexuality, disability and class
* Understand prejudice, stereotyping and labelling
* Use of language (political correctness)
Maintaining confidence of information
* Secure recoding systems
* The need to right and know
* Value and protect clients
Promoting and supporting individuals' rights
Promoting individuals from abuse
* Free from any type of abuse-
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Nursing (view all)
- Law and Ethics in Nursing. The aim of this assignment is to...
- Reflective Essay
- Student Nurse Placement Reflection and Personal Development ...
- Reflective account on practice-communication
- Explore the assessment process and how it informs the assess...
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.