- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Confidentiality is an important value within the healthcare setting for clients, their families and employees
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Healthcare and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Confidentiality is an important value within the healthcare setting for clients, their families and employees. Important confidentiality issues are trust and client safety.
Personal and private information such as health diagnosis, feelings, emotions and financial status must be restricted to people who have an accepted need to know.
NMC [online] 2002.
Richards, J (2003) confirms that confidentiality is the respect for the privacy of any information about a client/patient.
The Value Base ( a system of values to guide the care profession) states that confidentiality of records and information should be discussed with clients if possible, however some information can be kept from a client if it were to cause them to self harm (physically or mentally). If clients/patients know that personal details and conversations are private it will enable them to feel safe and that trust is present. Clients/patients should be told that other health professionals involved in the care of them have a need to know of some confidential issues to enable better recovery for themselves. Chaloner R, et al (1997).
Patients consent must be sought regarding the sharing of any information with family members or other parties. NMC [online] 2005.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- The Effectiveness of Brief Interventions in Reducing Binge
- This essay will focus on inter-professional working in healt...
- Discuss the potential benefits and difficulties associated w...
- The only problem with the law relating to vulnerable adults ...
- Health promotion. This essay will discuss the definitions of...
- How can an effective therapeutic relationship contribute to ...
- Using Trevors and Dahlias accounts from Activity 2.3 in Lear...
- Living with LongTerm Conditions - case study of a patient wi...
- How could use of the concept of Critical Practice help to av...
- This assignment is going to look at the following policy Str...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.