- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Critical appraisal of article entitled: "Obesity in people with intellectual disabilities: the impact of nurse-led health screenings and health promotion services" Marshall et al 2003(p1).
This assignment will be based on a critical appraisal of the before mentioned article. The appraisal will include discussion of the title, authors, and topic discussed. Also included will be comments on the structure of the article, the methodology used and the research findings, whilst discussing any ethical issues that need to be addressed. Finally, in conclusion I will summarize my findings.
The title in an article is very important as it is this that first draws someone to read it, as Cormack (1996) states "it is extremely important for a research publication to have meaningful and non ambiguous title", (p382). He goes on to say "it is the title which clarifies the topic of the research being described and gives the potential reader an indication of the content",(p382).
Although the title is long, it is felt that it needs to be in order to describe the research topic and the content of the article in brief. Therefore giving, as much information, at a glance as possible. The authors
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Nursing (view all)
- Law and Ethics in Nursing. The aim of this assignment is to...
- Student Nurse Placement Reflection and Personal Development ...
- Assessment and Care Planning for the Adult in Hospital. Thi...
- The aim of this essay is to critically evaluate the bio-psyc...
- Reflective essay
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.