- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
- Essay length: 6105 words
- Submitted: 19/06/2006
The first 200 words of this essay...
DIABETIC NURSING ENB 928
INTRODUCTION - 500 WORDS
LITERATURE REVIEW - 1000 WORDS
CASE STUDY - 1500 WORDS
EVIDENCE BASED PRACTICE - 1500 WORDS
EVALUATION - 1000 WORDS
CONCLUSIONS - 500 WORDS
APPENDIX - SUBMIT RECORD OF DEVELOPMENT & LOG OF CLINICAL PLACEMENT VISITS (2)
Far from the "mild" disease it has traditionally been thought, diabetes is a chronic, progressive disease process with potentially life threatening complications (NSF, 2001). There are currently more than a million people in the UK diagnosed with diabetes, and the number is steadily rising (NSF, 2001). In fact, it is estimated that there may be as many as 50% of people with type 2 diabetes who are undiagnosed, perhaps suffering only mild symptoms that they live with as "normal" for them (Krentz, 2000). In nursing practice it is vital to understand the condition and to be aware of the health implications for all affected patients. It is a condition that affects all ages and races, and both sexes.
The aim of this essay is to examine the disease process, to discuss the impact of diagnosis on the physical, mental, social and emotional
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Nursing (view all)
- Law and Ethics in Nursing. The aim of this assignment is to...
- Student Nurse Placement Reflection and Personal Development ...
- Critical evaluation of nursing research
- Community Profile
- The aim of this essay is to look at how infection control an...
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.