- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
HEALTH LAW AND POLICY
- Essay length: 3105 words
- Submitted: 18/08/2006
The first 200 words of this essay...
HEALTH LAW AND POLICY
Being a patient under the care of a doctor is probably the only occasion where an individual unconditionally places their welfare in the hands of another. However, not everything goes according to plan - sometimes the unexpected happens and things go wrong. It is often assumed that complaints to some form of statutory Health Ombudsman are an effective mechanism not only to resolve individuals' complaints, but also to improve the overall quality of health care (Paterson, 2001).
In this assignment I will discuss the laws and legislations that are relevant to Case 00HDC00835. Secondly, I will examine the impact of law and the accountability of Health Practitioners. Thirdly, I will investigate the legal issues raised from the complaints of the patient, and the patient's family. I will pay attention to some of the issues that frequently challenge the elderly population. I will also attempt to identify some policy considerations that are specific to this case. Finally, I will form my own opinion of whether decisions made by the Health and Disability Commissioner struck a fair equilibrium. Other comments will be raised for examination.
Law and the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- The Effectiveness of Brief Interventions in Reducing Binge
- This essay will focus on inter-professional working in healt...
- The only problem with the law relating to vulnerable adults ...
- How is illness socially constructed?
- Discuss the potential benefits and difficulties associated w...
- How can an effective therapeutic relationship contribute to ...
- Using Trevors and Dahlias accounts from Activity 2.3 in Lear...
- Living with LongTerm Conditions - case study of a patient wi...
- How could use of the concept of Critical Practice help to av...
- This assignment is going to look at the following policy Str...
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.