- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
In this report I am going to write about and analyse the practical work, roles of and cooperation between the public, emergency and specialist services in dealing with a range of fires and accidents.
The first 200 words of this essay...
In this report I am going to write about and analyse the practical work, roles of and cooperation between the public, emergency and specialist services in dealing with a range of fires and accidents. I will also show the central role of the fire service in dealing with fires, accidents and rescues.
Each service will have its own plan in dealing with accidents, depending on the incident. The police will deliver their responsibilities according to their emergency plans and associated procedures. The first police officer on the scene will asses the situation and ensure that the correct information is given to the Force Communications Centre. The mnemonic 'SAD CHALETS' has been devised to help:
Survey the scene - this would usually involve observing the scene from a distance having regard to their own personal safety.
Asses the scene - evidence may be gathered from debris, skid marks or
other objects found in the area of the accident.
Disseminate - dissemination of the scene
Casualties - approximate number of casualties (fatal, injured and not injured)
Hazards - present and potential e.g. fuel spillage, debris, weather and road
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- This essay will focus on inter-professional working in healt...
- Health promotion is an important element of the government's...
- Discuss the potential benefits and difficulties associated w...
- The purpose of this essay is to carry out an assessment of a...
- Interprofessional working in mental health
- Patient care pathways for patients with malignant disease - ...
- D240 TMA-02 compare and contrast cbt and mindfulness in und...
- Presentation On Managing Self-Harm Amongst Mental Health Ser...
- Select two of the three articles that you found for Activity...
- Drawing on the accounts by Lyn and Harry in Learning Guide 5...
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.