- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Interprofessional working in mental health
- Essay length: 5717 words
- Submitted: 27/02/2007
The first 200 words of this essay...
A critical analysis of Inter-professional Working in Community Care
This assignment aims to critically analyse the working relationship between mental health and social care professionals. It is argued barriers exist between these two key providers of services that prevent service users receiving the best care. (Milburn A 2000).
This working relationship can be defined as inter-professional working and this assignment will examine what these barriers involve, why they have developed, how they might be overcome and what the implications for service users and Approved Social Workers (ASW's) if increased inter-professional working is required under government policies as is expected.
McDonald (1999 p123) proposes inter-professional working to be when multi-disciplinary professionals work in highly integrated teams where the team priorities are the strongest influence upon the individuals work decisions,
Therefore, teamwork theories will be analysed to highlight what factors are necessary for success, and what are the possible difficulties that may inhibit co-operation between health and social care professionals, and how this impacts on their practice.
Finally, whether or not inter-professional working is empowering for the service user will be critically analysed.
People with mental health problems are at the centre of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Key aspects of public health in the uk
- The Public Health Act 1848
- Hair Apprenticship NVQlevel2
- The Role of Biomedical Scientists in Modern Healthcare.
- Health promotion is an important element of the government's...
- Patient care pathways for patients with malignant disease - ...
- D240 TMA-02 compare and contrast cbt and mindfulness in und...
- Presentation On Managing Self-Harm Amongst Mental Health Ser...
- Select two of the three articles that you found for Activity...
- Drawing on the accounts by Lyn and Harry in Learning Guide 5...
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.