- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Nursing education and training is being questioned as the debate continues what is the most effective way to prepare nurses for the demands of the 21st Century (Newland, 2008). The article by Roberta J. Emerson, On Becoming a Nurse presents
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Education Debate
Nursing is an active profession that continues to change and grow. (Francis, 2008). The history of nursing is extensive and has therefore significantly influenced nursing preparation over time and the current form of the profession today. Therefore it comes as no surprise that in recent times, the way in which today's nurses are prepared has been heavily focused on in Australia (Francis, 2008). As a result nursing education and training is being questioned as the debate continues what is the most effective way to prepare nurses for the demands of the 21st Century (Newland, 2008). The article by Roberta J. Emerson, 'On Becoming a Nurse' presents a number of arguments towards the debate. Arguments from the article include; why training nurses is no long appropriate, why the terms education and training are not the same and why education prepares nurses for the 21st century more efficiently than training. In light of this information, this essay will argue the main reasons as to why education better prepares nurses for the demands of the 21st century when compared to training.
Today, people generally enter a workplace either educated or trained. Consequently in nursing there is an ongoing
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Nursing (view all)
- Written assignment that critically examines the effectivenes...
- Reflective Essay
- Systematic approaches to client care
- Law and Ethics in Nursing. The aim of this assignment is to...
- Legal and Ethical, DNR
- This assignment will examine the management of one acute pro...
- A Critical Appraisal of a Published Piece of Research Relat...
- Oncology Final Exam. Questions and answers about coping wit...
- Gibb's Model of Communication - An Interaction
- Within this assignment the author has chosen the subject of ...
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'