- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Reflection Essay. The nursing skill I will be discussing is bed bathing a male patient.
- Essay length: 1317 words
- Submitted: 20/09/2012
- Awarding body: Not known/Not applicable
The first 200 words of this essay...
ï»¿The aim of this assignment is to discuss and indentify a nursing skill whilst on placement. The nursing skill I will be discussing is bed bathing a male patient. A bed bath in this incident was necessary as the patient was unable to mobilise himself to the bathroom due to suffering from a recent stroke which had caused greatly reduced mobility.
To adhere to the Nursing and Midwifery code of professional conduct (NMC 2008), I will maintain my patientâs autonomy, to respect his right to confidentiality. Therefore no names will be used. Clear verbal consent was gained from my patient as the NMC states (NMC 2008a), to enable myself to reflect on this experience.
I am going to use Driscollâs (2000) model of reflection, What? So what? What next? To reflect upon this experience and too gain knowledge and understanding of how the skill has to be adapted between males and females. It is also to enhance my personal and professional learning which will assist in developing my nursing knowledge.
As a female student, going out for the first time onto a ward with mixed sex patients was very nerve racking for me. I
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Nursing (view all)
- Law and Ethics in Nursing. The aim of this assignment is to...
- Interprofessional Education Reflective Essay. This reflectiv...
- The aim of this essay is to critically evaluate the bio-psyc...
- Critical evaluation of nursing research
- Student Nurse Placement Reflection and Personal Development ...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.