- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
BA Hons Adult Nursing
Faculty of Health and Wellbeing
Sheffield Hallam University
14th December 2007
Introduction to Study, Practice and the Profession of Nursing
Word Count 1,107
ISPPN Reflective Essay
In this essay I am going to outline my personal strengths and weakness' both in an academic and clinical setting, using Gibb's reflective model. I will also explain how these skills can be built upon.
Nursing is a life long learning process in which you continue your professional development throughout your career. The Department of Health (2003) outlines that Continuing Professional Development is a process of lifelong learning for all individuals which meet the needs of patients and which enables professionals to expand to their full potential. The NMC (2004) sets standards and guidance which enables professionals to demonstrate that they are keeping up to date with developments in professional practice and expanding their knowledge and competence. I am at the beginning of my life long journey. In university I will be developing my basic needs to become a newly qualified nurse; however one way I can gain further understanding is by reflecting upon my
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Nursing (view all)
- Student Nurse Placement Reflection and Personal Development ...
- Critical evaluation of nursing research
- Law and Ethics in Nursing. The aim of this assignment is to...
- Reflection on personal learning needs
- Reflective Essay
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.