- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Should special needs children be educated in mainstream schools
The first 200 words of this essay...
Should children with special needs be educated in mainstream schools?
Special needs children (SEN) have been the subject of debate within an educational setting for a long time. More recently educators and analysts have questioned whether children with SEN should be allowed to be educated in mainstream schools to maximise their learning experiences. The special educational needs and disability act 2001 states that children with SEN ordinarily should be included in mainstream schools. However, if major adaptations to the facilities or curriculum have to be made, or, other children's studies are affected by a child with SEN then a mainstream school may not be the best option for the child. There are differing factors for inclusion especially for those with different types of SEN. For those who have physical disabilities, having improved access within school may enhance learning. New technology can also help improve curriculum and help those pupils with communication difficulties. However those with severe and complex needs may struggle adapting to and learning within mainstream schools and segregation may be required to provide the best possible education and support for them.
Children with SEN have regularly been segregated into separate learning environments, specifically intended
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Nursing (view all)
- Law and Ethics in Nursing. The aim of this assignment is to...
- Reflective Essay
- In this essay I am going to write on issues of confidentiali...
- Reflective account on practice-communication
- Ethic Gaining consent
- Osteoporosis, which means porous bone, is a disease in which...
- The objective of this assignment is to critically evaluate t...
- Reflection essay on vital signs using Driscoll's model
- This assignment will examine the management of one acute pro...
- A Critical Appraisal of a Published Piece of Research Relat...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.