- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Student Nurse Placement Reflection and Personal Development Plan.
- Essay length: 1656 words
- Submitted: 02/01/2013
- Awarding body: Not known/Not applicable
The first 200 words of this essay...
ï»¿The purpose of this essay is to reflect on my experience and skills gained during a two-week clinical placement as a first year Student Nurse and also the learning outcomes stated in my Personal Development Plan (PDP). This experience will relate to the development of ability to form therapeutic relationships with patients stated in my PDP as a Learning Objective. In accordance with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Code of Professional Conduct (2008) all personal information and locations have been changed to protect confidentiality.
I have chosen Driscolls Model of Reflection (2006) as it consists of three questions (âwhat?, so what?, now what?â) that facilitate critical thinking and in-depth reflection which, in turn, will help me to compile learning objectives for the future. Driscoll (2006) describes reflection as a euphemism like looking in to the mirror at your appearance, you may like what you see and not need to change your appearance but on the other hand there could be something you do not like which needs to change in order to be improved.
According to the British Medical Association (2009) a PDP can be used as a framework for individuals to highlight their
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Nursing (view all)
- Law and Ethics in Nursing. The aim of this assignment is to...
- It is it essential that nurse as managers possess the qualit...
- The aim of this assignment is to critically evaluate the rol...
- Nursing Process
- Collaboration in Professional Practice
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.