- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The aim of the report is to critically analyse the assessment of health needs for a chosen individual patient within the community. The rationale for this is to demonstrate an understanding of the theoretical and practical links in caring for individuals
- Essay length: 3648 words
- Submitted: 05/04/2012
The first 200 words of this essay...
The aim of the report is to critically analyse the assessment of health needs for a chosen individual patient within the community. The rationale for this is to demonstrate an understanding of the theoretical and practical links in caring for individuals in the community. The definition of community will be discussed and the patient and community profile will be introduced. The relevant demographic and epidemiology factors will be examined and the social and kinship support networks will be identified and how they work together to provide individual holistic patient care. The role of the service providers in the community will be discussed and finally the impact of current legislation on the overall care provided will be analysed.
To protect the patient's confidentiality in accordance with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Code of Professional Conduct (2002) the pseudonym Betty Smith will be used to refer to the patient. Informed consent was sought from the community nursing team and verbal consent from the patient.
The meaning and significance of community varies enormously and how one defines this is important because it influences how community representatives may be identified and communicated with
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Nursing (view all)
- Law and Ethics in Nursing. The aim of this assignment is to...
- Interprofessional Education Reflective Essay. This reflectiv...
- Critical evaluation of nursing research
- Student Nurse Placement Reflection and Personal Development ...
- The aim of this essay is to critically evaluate the bio-psyc...
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.