- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The Contemporary Role and Responsibilities of a Registered Nurse
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Contemporary Role and Responsibilities of a Registered Nurse.
Student No.: n7497016
Subject: NSB117 Nursing and The Health Care System
Tutor: Linda Ng
Due Date: 04/06/10
Group Process Essay
The contemporary registered nurse is a complex professional. This is not simply a collection of specific skills and the nurse is not simply a person trained to perform specific tasks. According International Council of Nurses has said "Nursing encompasses autonomous and collaborative care of individuals of all ages, families, groups and communities, sick or well and in all settings. Nursing includes the promotion of health, prevention of illness, and the care of ill, disabled and dying people. Advocacy, promotion of a safe environment, research, participation in shaping health policy and in patient and health systems management, and education are also key nursing roles"( ICN 2010). The contemporary nursing requires the nurse to possess knowledge and skill for a variety of professional roles and resonsibilites includes clinician, manager, teacher, researcher, counselor and advocate.
Clinical nursing provide direct care and the holistic healthcare needs of the person, including measures to restore emotional, spiritual, social wellbeing and helps the patient and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Nursing (view all)
- Law and Ethics in Nursing. The aim of this assignment is to...
- Reflective Essay
- In this essay I am going to write on issues of confidentiali...
- Ethic Gaining consent
- Reflective account on practice-communication
- Osteoporosis, which means porous bone, is a disease in which...
- The objective of this assignment is to critically evaluate t...
- Reflection essay on vital signs using Driscoll's model
- This assignment will examine the management of one acute pro...
- A Critical Appraisal of a Published Piece of Research Relat...
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.