- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
This assignment is based on a critical incident experienced by a student nurse while working with a charge nurse in a surgical ward at a
The first 200 words of this essay...
Title: Leading and Managing Nursing Care
This assignment is based on a critical incident experienced by a student nurse while working with a charge nurse in a surgical ward at a London hospital. A detailed description of the incident is provided in appendix A. A critical incident can be described as an event that creates an emotional impact (Ghaye and Lillyman 1999). The incident took place in a 27 bedded surgical ward. The ward is staffed by a charge nurse, twelve nurses, four healthcare assistants, a ward clerk and three domestics. In writing up this assignment I will use both the first person and third person in the pursuit of reflexivity (Webb 1992). The reflective cycle (Gibbs 1988). Pseudonyms will be used to maintain anonymity and confidentiality in accordance with clause five of the nursing and midwifery council (NMC) Code of Professional Conduct (NMC 2002). I will also explore leadership and management concepts relating to the critical incident and an action plan to facilitate and change will be presented.
My rationale for choosing this incident is because it involves interpersonal skills and management style. Interpersonal skills include leadership, motivation, problem
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Nursing (view all)
- Law and Ethics in Nursing. The aim of this assignment is to...
- Assessment and Care Planning for the Adult in Hospital. Thi...
- Student Nurse Placement Reflection and Personal Development ...
- Reflective essay
- The aim of this essay is to critically evaluate the bio-psyc...
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Zoey. University Student.