- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
This assignment looks at mental health and mental illness. It defines the differences between them, looking at the stress vulnerability model as well as the Government blue print regarding mental health. In the case study I look at how Mrs
- Essay length: 3608 words
- Submitted: 24/04/2012
The first 200 words of this essay...
What is Mental Health
Mental health is everyone's business. We all have times when we feel down, stressed or frightened, but for most of us those feelings pass with time. Unfortunately sometimes they develop into a more serious problem and that could happen to any one of us.
This assignment looks at mental health and mental illness. It defines the differences between them, looking at the stress vulnerability model as well as the Government 'blue print' regarding mental health. The three main approaches to psychiatric disorders and how these approaches have a place in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness are also discussed.
In the case study I look at how Mrs White's recent diagnosis of dementia affects how she is nursed as an individual and the challenges it brings for the nurses.
To maintain confidentiality the patient's name has been changed to a pseudonym, in order to conform to the Nursing and Midwifery Council Code of Conduct. (Nursing And Midwifery Council [NMC], 2008)
What is Mental Health
Nordqvist (2008) says 'Mental health refers to our cognitive, and/or emotional wellbeing - it is all about how we think, feel and behave.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Nursing (view all)
- Critical evaluation of nursing research
- Student Nurse Placement Reflection and Personal Development ...
- Law and Ethics in Nursing. The aim of this assignment is to...
- Reflection on personal learning needs
- Discuss the contribution of reflective practice to clinical ...
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.