- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Written assignment that critically examines the effectiveness of policy, frameworks and assessment tools in public health disease management. Discuss the role of the community nurse and multidisciplinary team in empowering individuals and populations in r
- Essay length: 4626 words
- Submitted: 25/05/2008
The first 200 words of this essay...
Public health is concerned with, reducing health inequality minimising health risks and improving the health status of populations' (Brocklehurst, 2004). Wanless (2004, p23), defines public health as, 'The Science and art of preventing disease, prolonging life and promoting health through organised efforts and informed choice of society, organisations public and private, communities and individuals". Throughout this paper the author will critically discuss the effectiveness of policies frameworks and assessment tools, used in public health disease management; in relation to the prevention and management of adults at risk of or with type two Diabetes Mellitus (DM) in the United Kingdom (UK). The Author will consider how environmental, epidemiological and demographic data can be used to highlight the underlying social determinants of a population's health, influencing policy making, and public health frameworks. Key issues to arise at local level following strategic plans to reflect government policy will be identified, and the role of the nurse and Multi Disciplinary Team (MDT) in implementing such policies will be examined. Within this strategy's employed in the authors' local area will be identified. The focus will then turn to empowerment, and the effectiveness of nursing frameworks and assessment tool, used to enable individuals and groups
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Nursing (view all)
- Law and Ethics in Nursing. The aim of this assignment is to...
- Reflective Essay
- In this essay I am going to write on issues of confidentiali...
- Ethic Gaining consent
- Reflective account on practice-communication
- Osteoporosis, which means porous bone, is a disease in which...
- The objective of this assignment is to critically evaluate t...
- Reflection essay on vital signs using Driscoll's model
- This assignment will examine the management of one acute pro...
- A Critical Appraisal of a Published Piece of Research Relat...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.