- Reducing the amount of materials we use initially.
- Recycling what we can.
- Using products made from recycled materials
Electrical Energy Conservation
Electrical energy conservation is an important part of our environmental program. We know that managing our energy uses will conserve energy sources like natural gas and coal and help control greenhouse gas emissions that contribute to smog, acid rain, and global warming.
McDonald’s goal is further signification reduction in electrical energy use.
- Providing owner/operators and restaurant managers with training, advice, and tools for assessing electrical energy consumption and savings potentials.
- Establishing optimal equipment maintenance procedures and schedules.
- Installing additional energy-efficient equipment in new restaurants and during renovations.
- Testing innovative equipment that may produce further electrical energy savings through new technologies.
- Developing an electrical energy use tracking and benchmarking system for our company-operated restaurants. This will help measure progress toward their energy reduction goal.
McDonald are committed to taking a "total life cycle" approach to solid waste, examining ways of reducing materials used in production and packaging, as well as diverting as much waste as possible from the solid waste stream. In doing so, McDonald will follow three courses of action: reduce, reuse and recycle.
- Reduce – Means take steps to reduce the weight and/or volume of the packaging they use. This may mean eliminating packaging, adopting thinner and lighter packaging, changing manufacturing and distribution systems, adopting new technologies or using alternative materials. They will continually search for materials that are environmentally preferable.
- Reuse – Means Measurable materials whenever feasible within the operations and distribution systems as long as they do not compromise a safety and sanitation standards, customer service and expectations and are not offset by other environmental or safety concerns.
- Recycle. Means are committed to maximum use of recycled materials in the construction, equipping and operations of our restaurants. McDonald are already the largest user of recycled paper in industry, applying it to such items as tray liners, Happy Meal boxes, carryout bags, carryout trays and napkins.
Climate change is an important issue, generating growing interest from many sectors of society – from individuals to governments and corporations. The seriousness of this issue means that everyone has a role to play in reducing the impacts, including companies like McDonald’s.
McDonald’s restaurants’ use of electrical energy and natural gas accounts for the bulk of direct greenhouse gas emissions. More efficient use of these resources helps us save money and reduces the environmental impacts. Within the restaurant, the two key areas of focus are the heating and cooling systems and the cooking appliances, which together account for approximately 80% of a typical restaurant’s energy use.
McDonalds Dealing with competitors and Environmental friendly
- They provide a wide range of environmental issues and concern like producing the pollution and join the working job to prevent the global warming. Like for example the recycling means save or educe the amount of energy and waste from the business.
- In McDonald environmental friendly within the business, they provide an health and safety inside from the business, like McDonald introduce clean business which is one of the environmental friendly to all staff from the business.
- McDonald have also provide a Green cleaning means all they product produce have no chemicals used and have clean food product to the customers. This means McDonald in Green Cleaning is better for the environment, people working in the business and can help consumers save they life.
- McDonald provide recycling product not used in organization and composting
- They selling a fast food product like , various types of and products, , , items, and . In most markets, McDonald's offers and items, and other localized fare.
- They provide a wide range of advertising around the world like they advertising to TV, Radio and news paper, the company makes significant use of billboards and signage, sponsors sporting events from ranging from to the , and makes coolers of with their logo available for local events of all kinds. Nonetheless, television has always played a central role in the company's advertising strategy.
- Provide a global operation around the world
Product of McDonalds:
- The pricing strategies about the product of McDonald are they provide lowering prices of product, buy one get one like for example tickets from the bus, and psychological pricing means McDonald introduce the product, example they selling the product to £5.99 besides in £6.00. So this is make customer satisfaction.
- About the quality of the product, McDonald working hard to produce a good quality or food product to the customers, examples of this are fresh food, lots of menu food, more delicious and healthy food instead in other fast food businesses. And all food they produce is all safe like they check all food after to produce to the customers.
- McDonald invented or making new product to make more customers around the world like for example the Big Mac is one of the biggest selling food around the world and very popular of all people around the world.