Luke Judge Management assignment Rainbow Mail Order
During my time here at Rainbow Mail Order I have noticed the following problems that some of the subordinate members of staff are having. In this report I hope to outline these problems and offer some possible solutions.
- The rules and regulations are too restrictive and are not allowing staff to achieve their own full potential and the work people are doing is repetitive and boring.
- Staff are limited in how they are able to deal with unsatisfied customers even though they are equipped to do so, causing staff to feel out of touch with customers, which will also lead to bad customer relations in the future.
- People within the company with the right knowledge and experience are not being given the responsibility they deserve.
- Management is not delegating effectively and is therefore limited in the time they can spend on any one task, also the lack of delegation leaves the subordinates with the feeling that they are not trusted enough by management.
- Administration is not using the full capabilities of Information Technology as effectively as they could. Even though people have been on courses to improve their own I.T. skills, the people with training are not getting the chance to use their newly acquired skills.
- Staff are not being given the chance to use their own initiative and money saving ideas are going unnoticed.
- Members of staff are feeling alienated from their teammates and the other departments.
- Management seem to be out of touch with their employees only reprimanding or giving orders when they should also be focused on rewarding hard work.
- And finally personnel are not giving enough support to staff in the areas where they most need it.