Describe major barriers to and the incentives for the development of ecommerce.
The advantage that e-commerce will provide is speed. The Internet and the World Wide Web gives opportunities to exchange messages. Even with the slowest connections, doing business electronically is much faster than traditional modes.
With the increased speeds of communication, the delivery time is minimized. Also any product can be found for sale on the Internet. Information appearing on the Internet can be changed rapidly. This gives company the ability to inform customers of any changes to the service that they are offering. This also allows for them to update marketing and promotional materials. Savings the second advantage of electronic commerce many company offer to save on costs. By using the Internet, marketing, phone, postage and printing costs, can be reduced.
This is a preview of the whole essay
Disadvantages of E - Commerce Privacy and Security is a main source of trouble is customer concerns with privacy and security. Anything sent over the Internet is sent through several different computers before it reaches its destination. Hackers can steal credit card or checking account data as it is transferred into computers that hold the same information.
Security on the Internet is much like security for a home. There is a point when the effort outweighs the advantages. As with a home the owner will usually stop adding security features when they feel safe. Making a customer feel safe is what is important in doing business on the Internet.
Show how the implementation of e-commerce will improve the internal and external organisations of Osborn and Hayper.
- Having access to large number of suppliers and customers.
- Provide better services to customers.
- Attracting more customers by giving them the right services.
- Customer Service Using the Web to provide customer support to help build the reliability between the company and customers.
- The ability to provide online answers to problems through e-mail to builds customer confidence.
- Improved response to customers needs
- Advertise through the internet to suppliers and buyers.
- Provide online brochures that will increase customers viewing.
- Provide faster communication sales with customers.
- Reduce marketing, phone, postage and printing costs by using online broachers through the internet.
- Increased sales and profits
What are the major barriers and incentives for its development foe Osborn and Hayper Analyse and provide evidence of growth of trade on the internet and its contribution to organisations.
- The high cost of electronic commerce.
- The lack of experience for Osborn and Hayper with trading on the internet.
- Using the Internet to provide Photographs of the apartment and floor plans and even gives them the to use new technology to show their apartments in 3D images so renters can move around and view the apartment from different angel will attract many customers.
- Using the internet will allow Osborn and Hayper to increase market that they advertise.
- Provide deals with the customers through the internet are faster and cheaper.
List any ethical and moral implications of e-trading for Osborn and Hayper.
Businesses need to know who they are dealing with, that the person is who they say they are, that the communication is authorised and confidential
Here's what a star student thought of this essay
Quality of writing
Some of the grammar is a little wrong, such as 'This gives company the ability to inform customers of any changes'. The word 'company' should be re-placed with 'companies'.
Level of analysis
It's quite important to explain the reason behind certain statements, as the report states 'Even with the slowest connections, doing business electronically is much faster than traditional modes.'. However the report doesn't give a reason for this. The report should include something on the lines of 'Sending a letter via Royal Mail would take 1-3 days at the earliest, however an e-mail will take at maximum of a few minutes to send, this increase in speed allows businesses to become more effective'. This statement would explain the reason behind the statement, and it's quite important that the report is justified with using an example/case study.
Response to question
In summary, the report shows a basic understanding of how eCommerce will place companies at an advantage. However to achieve high marks, these points will need to be developed further. The report states 'The advantage that e-commerce will provide is speed', however eCommerce will provide a number of advantages and speed is not the only advantage. By stating that this is the only advantage, this shows the examiner a lack of basic understanding. The report will need to include area's such as cost benefits, logistic benefits (warehouse, dispatch, ease, etc.), access to a wide target audience and a number of other small benefits. The report lists a number of clear bullet points regrading how eCommerce will improve a selected business. This shows a basic understanding and these points are clear and accurate. However to achieve high marks, these need to be explained why this would benefit the business. The above is same, with sections of the major barriers/incentives of eCommerce and ethical/moral implications part of the report.