- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Pablo Picasso was born in Malaga, Spain on October 25, 1881. His parents were Jose Ruiz and his wife Maria Picasso. His father was a painter, teacher, and curator of the local museum. The family was not wealthy, especially since on marriage, Picasso's father had to provide for his mother-in-law and two unmarried sisters-in-law as well as his wife and (later) two children.
Picasso was educated at St Raphael's school, but he didn't learn very much. In 1892, he was admitted to the School of Fine Arts and continued with his studies at the Instituto da Guarda. When the family moved to Barcelona, Picasso studied at the Llotja. Then in 1897 he studied at the Madrid Academy.
Although Picasso's father taught him to draw and paint and gave him money to continue his studies in Paris, for some reason Picasso turned against him. He dropped his father's last name and used his mother's. When his father died, Picasso did not go to the funeral.
By the age of 15 he was already pretty skilled in drawing and painting. In addition to painting and drawing he
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Art & Design (view all)
- Photography Project Evaluation. Theme of "Journey"...
- "I hope the exit is joyful, and I hope never to return&...
- Fashion is the style and custom prevalent at a given time. P...
- AS Photography - Statement of Intent
- How does colour affect the mood of the art work? Examinatio...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.