- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
I will explain what the specifications are for an input and output device. I will explain what input devices need to be, to be transferred to the relevant output device.
The first 200 words of this essay...
I will explain what the specifications are for an input and output device. I will explain what input devices need to be, to be transferred to the relevant output device. Here are the various items I will be looking at:
* Central processing unit
* Operating system
* Applications software
Control Processing Unit (CPU):
In PC's and laptops there is a main processing chip called the processor or either wise known as the central processing unit (CPU). This unit handles the instructions from the computer program and processes the data. Here are three items which would be found in the CPU:
* Control Unit
* Arithmetic/Logic Unit
* Main Storage
The control unit ensures that all the other components, including the input and output devices, carry out their functions efficiently and effectively. The control unit is electronically linked to all the components, so that it will be able to detect if the required device or component is connected and ensure that any required device will be able to carry out instructions. The CPU needs to be able to arrange and display an error
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Computer Science (view all)
- Why its important to have protocols and standards on a netwo...
- Barriers to Communication
- Plan an installation and an upgrade - Requirements in prepar...
- Control Unit, Memory Unit, and Arithmetic Logic Unit. The C...
- Open and Closed Loop Control System
- Describe the application and limits of procedural, object or...
- Case Study. LEGAL ISSUES-: Data Protection Act. Whiteman Lei...
- Growth and Influence of Computers and Computing
- Common methods of attack and types of malware
- Designing a data system for a vintage clothes business.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.