- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Design of a flash light. Even though this device is so simple but in this design there are four major problems:
The first 200 words of this essay...
A Poor Design: Flashlight
A flashlight consists of a battery, a switch, and a lamp. Simply the switch (user control) and the battery are the inputs of this system and the light, and some heat, are the outputs. This circuit is then placed inside a case and a reflector is mounted at the back of the lamp to direct the light into the object.
Figure1: Flash light shown from 4 different angles. The cubic shape of the flashlight makes it uncomfortable to carry.
1. The Problem:
Even though this device is so simple but in this design there are four major problems:
* Cubic shape of the flashlight
* Poor choice of On/Off switch
* Flat Reflecting mirror
* Non-rechargeable and non-standard battery
Shape: Maybe the most important characteristic that every flashlight must have is to be comfortable in hand. Most Flashlights are in the shape of a cylinder such that fingers can wrap around it easily. In this design however, the cubic shape of it makes it hard to hold in hand. Also, the head of the flashlight where the light is located is angled upward without any logical reason, whereas
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Design and Technology (view all)
- Select either a qualitative or quantitative study, then make...
- How do you use ergonomics?
- A Day in My Life.
- The changes being brought by computers have fundamentally ch...
- The Social, Economic, Legal and Moral Effects of ICT on Soci...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Zoey. University Student.