- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Claudius soliloquy Act 3 Scene 3 Claudius has just been talking to Rosencratz and Guildenstern he tells them that hamlet
The first 200 words of this essay...
Claudius soliloquy Act 3 Scene 3
Claudius has just been talking to Rosencratz and Guildenstern he tells them that hamlet must go immediately to England with them. Polonius tells king Claudius that hamlet is going to meet Gertrude his mother and so Polonius will hide behind the arras (wall-hanging) and listen in on the conversation.
"O, my offence is rank it smells to heaven;
It hath the primal eldest curse upon't,
A brother's murder."
After Claudius is left alone he confesses his guilt and says that he does not know how forgiveness can be attained for his crime. He compares himself to Cain in the bible as the first criminal, in murdering his own brother. He says that he is tempting Cain with his crime, this is Shakespeare indicating that it is very bad.
." Pray can I not,
Though inclination be as sharp as will:"
Here he is saying that he wants to pray for all that he has done but he cannot because of his remorse. He wants to pray and tries as hard as he can but it just is not happening, this shows you that he did
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Hamlet (view all)
- Scene by Scene - Hamlet.
- Bloody bawdy villain! Remorseless, treacherous, lecherous, k...
- Hamlets madness, real or not?
- How does Shakespeare present the Theme of Revenge in "H...
- In what ways does Shakespeare create sympathy for Hamlet in ...
- Hamlet's Procrastination : a Study on his Failure to Act
- An Analysis of Hamlets Philosophy of Life and Death in Willi...
- Show how Shakespeare presents a disordered and corrupt state...
- The tragedy of Hamlet is that as a character of an Elizabeth...
- Why does Hamlet still matter?
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.